Thursday, November 12, 2015

Konfidence Interview!

This past week I was asked to do an interview about confidence! I answered questions about how I got my confidence, the steps I took, and how it aids me in my life. Read it below!

1. Please describe yourself as a person, specifically how you are a drive and confident person

I think of myself as a very outgoing person. I tend to put myself out there and go after most opportunities that come my way. I love being involved and helping out. I am in student government as the sophomore class representative. I am also the vice president of public relations of a public speaking and leadership club. I am also a sister of Kappa Delta sorority and ironically one of our foundations is confidence, where we inspire confidence in women and young girls. All in all, I think of myself as a friendly and positive person.

2. What events in your life have led you to be this confident?

Growing up I wasn't always the most confident person. I was shy, afraid of people's opinions, and tended to lay low. I had terrible glasses and a mouth full of braces, which basically equaled zero self confidence for me. The summer before eighth grade I got my braces taken off and bought contacts. Basically from that point on I felt like a whole new person. When we went back to school I started making more friends and putting myself out there. Back then I guess I thought this change in attitude was because of the change in my appearance, but looking back it wasn't that at all. Looking back I wasn't even that different looking. I gained all of these new friends and popularity BECAUSE I believed in myself. That's what it's ALL about. Believing in yourself, and once you do that people will start believing in you too.

3. Whats steps have you taken to build your confidence?

I wouldn't really consider there to be steps or a ladder to self confidence. There is no guidelines. It's really just a lifestyle. You just have to wake up one day and decide you' re going to believe in yourself. Me personally, I just started joining clubs, asking people to hang out more, and most importantly I stopped caring what other people thought. People are so scared of others opinions that we grow shy, and we let it hurt our confidence. I learned to not let that bother me, and people need to do the same.

4. How do you think your confidence helps you in life?

Confidence is essential. Everybody needs it. Having confidence has allowed me to act like a leader, and not be afraid of taking control. I voice my opinions and I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe in because of it. It gives me the courage to walk into a room of strangers and accomplish whatever needs to be done. It helps me make friends, make connections, and enhances my opportunities for the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment