Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Kappa Delta Konfidence

High Point University's Kappa Delta Sorority holds 150 sisters that are all bouncing with self-confidence. 

Now, I'm still not sure if it is irony or fate, but I myself am one of these sisters.

When I chose Kappa Delta I had no debate in my head over which sorority I wanted, I simply knew KD was home. Throughout the rush process I never understood what it was that drew me towards this specific house of girls, I just knew it was where I wanted to be. 

The girls were happy and friendly and I felt welcomed and accepted. I looked up to the girls and knew they were the type of people I wanted to surround myself with. They were incredibly involved around campus taking on many leadership roles in a big variety of clubs and earning A's in all of their classes. They told me they have had the highest GPA on campus for the past 20 years and have earned an award for being the number one sorority on campus numerous times. 

So, what made all of these girls so great?

When I started to attend member education classes and learn about my new sorority, I discovered that one of their main foundations and platforms for is confidence. Ironic, right? The sister's goals are to inspire each other to be more confident in themselves. They work in the community and hold work workshops to help teach young girls to believe in themselves. When one girl is down, the sorority picks them back up together. 

From the outside looking in, I could never understand it. But now being apart of this amazing organization I finally understand what it was that made me so attracted to this sorority, their confidence. 

How many times have I said it? Confidence is key! The sorority is so confident and involved and inspiring because of this. 

People are attracted to other people who believe in themselves.

This is a clear example and lesson to learn. Be confident. Whether you know it or not, people will take notice and people will appreciate it. 

XO 




No comments:

Post a Comment